Sunflower Mood

Around April of this year, many of my friends invited me to the Tulip Festival, I was busy with a lot of things and have missed it.

However, I know I can’t miss this one – my favorite sunflower!! I have always been obsessed with sunflower for some reasons. One of my childhood dreams was to own a farm full of sunflowers. 

Anyways, we purchased the ticket on the same day and drove 75 minutes from Richmond, B.C. to Chilliwack. 

And here we are! Some of the sunflowers have the sizes of a medium pizza! You can pick and purchase your own back home.

I believe the festival opens from early August to September 16th, for those who haven’t been there yet, my suggestion is: You will regret for missing it!

Several highlights of the day:

The 1 acre show garden displayed 15 different varieties of sunflowers.

There were couples of giant board games in the middle of the field. The most eye-catching one is the giant checkers with pumpkins! One little guy sat there trying to figure out the games and I joined him for a bit =P

There was a Rotary Train – kids would like a ride for sure, and I am a kid! =)

There was a U-pick Sunflower session opened till 3 pm or something. I was about to join picking my own sunflowers... unfortunately was a few minutes late and the session closed before I get there, oh well~ maybe next year.

You can’t miss that giant, cute swing in the middle of the field, line-ups were a bit insane but totally worth it.

Wear weather appropriate clothing and footwear! The day I went was a hot, sunny day! And I was wearing a chunky cardigan for the photo purpose =P

If you’re planning to go this weekend I recommend a pair of waterproof boots and a light jacket. If you do not have waterproof shoes or boots, they do carry boot covers at the gate for a fee.

The sunflower festival is dog friendly! Next year I will bring my corgi =P

Love xx,
Joyce






















Comments

  1. Thank you very much Hassan =) glad that you love them xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Samama, new post is just ready =) Hope you enjoy my new post xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts