Di Beppe Italian Love








People live in Vancouver would probably envy the weather elsewhere as our winter seems coming back this week (sad face -_-"). Woke up with 12 degree this morning I was half glad as I knew that a sweater or cardigan is good to go for work. I always love sweater/ knit cause it’s comfy and I don’t need to spend too much time ironing it before wearing it out!! Meanwhile I do miss my weekend dinner wearing my beloved romper.

Flashback last weekend, we went to Di Beppe, a new Italian Restaurant in Gastown.

Delicate setting, a twist of modern and rustic decor and yummy food. For Appetizer we had the famous chopped salad. I like it but love my pasta more. The pasta we ordered was Carbonara with Guanciale and egg yolk (hmmm…. Yum yum) and Amatriciana with Guanciale and tomato. I love Amatriciana more as it was rich in taste and the pasta was not too chewy. 

A couple sitting next to us asked us the opinion of the Carbonara and I said I would like it more if the pasta was not too chewy and the goat cheese was a little bit too heavy in taste. The guy smiled and commented that Carbonara was supposed to be like that! The owner passed by and heard our conversation so he agreed with the guy too! =P The owner mentioned that if at a point the Guanciale is not chewy enough and too soft then it’s just not right. Oh wow now I learned something new!  Even though I nodded my head I still I love my Amatriciana more (hahaha).

Oh and also don’t forget to try the signature dessert – tiramisu! The tiramisu has a very strong coffee taste and a complex texture that makes you can't wait for your next spoon. Not bad at all, almost the second best tiramisu in Vancouver.

Love the atmosphere here and will definitely come again. Xo

Love,

Joyce xx











Comments

Popular Posts