Castella Cheesecake





Castella (カステラ Kasutera) is a popular Japanese sponge cake made of sugar, flour, eggs, and starch syrup.

The name of Castella is derived from Portuguese Pão de Castela, meaning "bread from Castile". Castella cake is usually sold in long boxes, with the cake inside being approximately 27 cm long.




Besides Metrotown, now we have another choice for soufflé sponge cheese cake in town. Castella Cheesecake opened since July this year, located in the center of Robson Street. I was excited to drive by during weekend and tried its signature soufflé cheesecake and cheese tart.  On the side I also ordered the Affogato Vanilla ice-cream with espresso. I bought a slide instead of a whole 12 inches cake.




The soufflé cheesecake was alright, a bit on the dry side, not rich enough for my taste. The cheese tart looked so cute, but I was a bit disappointed about the texture and its taste. I love the Affogato though. Being a coffee lover, the espresso did a good job for the dessert. The cheesecakes shop also has New York style cheesecake with different berry sauce to choose from which I haven’t tried yet, I might come again for that. Overall it was a nice dessert place to hang out with friends.








Address: 1190 Robson St, Vancouver, BC
Instagram: @castellacheesecake

Thank you for reading guys~!

Love,
Joyce

Comments

Popular Posts